A few weeks ago I was invited to an evening of cooking, eating, and good company by Fitchef. I’ve been subscribed to their newsletter and jumped at the opportunity to find out more about this healthy food delivery service.
Fitchef offers balanced prepared meals, meal plans, soups, snacks, and smoothies, which can be ordered online and delivered to your door. Following a great dinner cooked by most of the guests, and listening to founder and CEO Wayne Kaminsky’s inspirational story of gowing the brand, we received the generous gift of several weeks’ supply of meals and smoothies to try for ourselves.
Good thing I hadn’t done my monthly grocery shopping at that stage, since my little freezer proved quite a challenge for my fit haul.
After several weeks of Fitchef smoothies and a boiled egg for breakfast, and Fitchef meals for lunch, this is my conclusion:
- Prepared, pre-packed meals are extremely convenient. The fact that they’re healthy is a bonus
- This was my first taste of cauli-mash, and it was pretty good
- The food is presented in a colourful way, and is bursting with flavour – yes, even the vegetarian meals
- The carrot/butternut smoothie is my favourite
- Defrosted meals should always be transported upright, since leakage may occur
The convenience of healthy, portion-controlled meals delivered to your door comes at a price though. Fortunately you can choose a pack or choose your own combination of meals. My personal favourites were the Beef Con Carne with Polenta and the Beef Goulash with Pumpkin and Spinach.
Let me know which Fitchef meal is your favourite.