It’s been 15 books (12 of which were penned by Stephen King) since my last update. Yes, I know, it’s overdue.
Random thoughts about what I’ve read:
- The Regulators and Desperation both freaked me out. They’re hauntingly similar, except in The Regulators the cop was actually a likeable guy.
- Dreamcatchers was a really good book. I enjoyed it immensely. So too Bag of Bones and Duma Key.
- Sure, I still have to read a Stephen King book I outright dislike, but The Colorado Kid is close. This was the second time I read it (the television series Haven is based on this book, and I’m battling to see the connection beyond the characters; not that I’ve actually watched much of Haven), and this time around it wasn’t completely awful. I suppose I prefer my SK on the scary side, rather than the mysterious one. Considering this, I’m curious to see how well I take to Mr Mercedes, which I started earlier this week.
- Initially I wasn’t sure I was going to like “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”, or even what all the hype was about. But I’m a convert; it’s a good book. I’m in two minds about whether I should get it for my 15-year-old nephew; maybe in a year or two. He’s a serious kid who’s been through some rough times too.
- Olivia Joules and the Overactive Imagination is one of the few audio books I have on disk. I imagine I didn’t pay too much for it either, seeing as it is abridged. I’m desperate for the paperback or an unabridged version of the book. In my opinion, Helen Fielding can do little wrong (I have the latest Bridget Jones on eBook, but only read it when I have quiet time and can’t knit). I really want the whole story with all the details and Olivia’s overactive imagination.
After Mr Mercedes I plan to get into The Humans, by Matt Haig. I follow him on Twitter and love his tips for writing. I’ve seen a lot of great things being said about this book, so yes, I’m shivering with antici…
And then? Probably not Stephen King for a bit. Aside from Mr Mercedes I have no other SK novels on my iPod. You’ll just have to come back for an update to see what else I’m reading/have read 🙂