I was recently invited to the launch of the new Sorbet Skincare Collection in the fashionable setting of Arts on Main. The collection aims to make professional skincare products affordable, providing every woman with salon-gorgeous skin in the comfort of their own homes. These products will be available exclusively at Sorbet Salons and Clicks stores. There are two key talking points for this range:
- Forget skin type, let’s talk skin life – because your skin is more than just sensitive; it might also be active, or corporate, or family-oriented
- Bring that salon feeling home – Sorbet gives you that feeling, and now you can experience that feeling at home
The partnership with Clicks
Apparently every third skincare product sold in South Africa, is sold in Clicks, which made them the perfect partner for Sorbet: the biggest beauty retailer in South Africa, and the biggest beauty chain in the country. Following hours in conversation with Sorbet therapists to find out what women want, the products and packaging were developed.
The ingredients to take note off
- MATRIXYL synthe’6: a peptide that dramatically smooths and refines skin
- SEPILIFT DPHP: a wrinkle-correcting agent
- Whitonyl: an anti-pigmenting ingredient
Truly affordable skincare ranges
I often find that “affordable” tends to be a subjective concept, but this frugal shopaholic can confirm that these ranges genuinely will not ruin your budget (especially since one uses so little product at a time, that it would not be a monthly expense). You can also pop in at your nearest Sorbet for a thrifty facial treat. Try the Sorbet Grande Facial (R380) – cleanse, exfoliation, mask, moisturiser, massage, or the Sorbet Light Facial (R280) – cleanse, exfoliation, mask, moisturiser.
Sorbet Hydro Skin (complete hydrating soltution for tired and dehydrated skin)
- Hydro Skin 3-in-1 Foam Cleanser R90
- Hydro Skin Day Cream R155 (I love this nourishing yet light cream with SPF15, cutting down the need to layer on additional products to protect your skin)
- Hydro Skin Night Cream R155
- Hydro Skin Lip Therapy R53
Sorbet Age Affect (complete anti-ageing solutions for maturing skin)
- Age Affect Cream Cleanser R90
- Age Affect Day Cream R180
- Age Affect Night Cream R180
- Age Affect Décolletage & Neck Cream R200 (On my list to try out next)
- Age Affect Power Serum R190
- Age Affect Lip & Eye Repair Serum R155 (Two-in-one products are the best if you’re on a budget. One product to plump up the fine lines on the delicate skin around your mouth and eyes)
Sorbet Salon Skin (complete specialist care solution for concerned and irritated skin)
- Salon Skin 3-in-1 Cleansing Oil R130 (Also on my list to try)
- Salon Skin Day Perfecting Cream R200
- Salon Skin Night Recovery Cream R200
- Salon Skin Complexion Correcting Gel R110 (Keen to get this for my nephew to try)
- Salon Skin Thermal Rescue Masque R110 (Another product on the list)
- Salon Skin Facial Tissue Oil R160
- Salon Skin Even Tone Corrector R220
- Salon Skin Daily Skin Polish Powder R220 (If you only get one product from the collection, make sure it is this one. With salicylic acid and rice powder it gently exfoliates your skin without scratching, and leaves your complexion beautifully smooth, radiant, and fresh)
Beauty gadgets in the range
Bristle up baby (R250)
This little gadget removes dirt from pores much more effectively and gently than normal cleansing, revealing brighter, more youthful-looking skin. This ensures that face creams or serums are absorbed better into the skin. It has two operating speeds, dual-direction rotation, and is USB-rechargeable.
It is fully water-resistant, and comes with three different heads:
- Daily cleansing brush
- Exfoliating brush with fine tapered bristles
- Silicone brush head for extra delicate skin
Replacement heads will be sold individually.
This product is inspired by professional salon treatments, and features a sonic vibrating system that massages the skin, aiding the absorption of skincare products, and stimulating blood flow, making your skin appear refreshed, firm, and radiant.
The device’s hot and cool function amps up the blood flow. First it heats up to a warm temperature, which you you apply to your skin directly after applying your moisturiser or serum on the face. This keeps the pores open and helps the product penetrate the skin into the deeper layers. Then you activate the cool setting, and the device will instantly turn down to 6°C, which tightens the skin, shrinks pores, and seals the lotion into the skin. This tightening effect may also help reduce the appearance of fine wrinkles and dull complexions. The ladies at the event assured me it is perfect for puffy eyes, so maybe you should treat yourself this party season with this little goody 😉
The Sorbet Skincare Collection will be available from mid-December at both Sorbet and Clicks stores. The electronic devices will be exclusively available at Clicks. Which product do you want to try first?