There’s a great benefit to knowing NakedCherry’s Chief Wax Guru – like being invited to try their new vegan wax – the first of its kind in South Africa.
The vegan wax contains no animal products or added scents, making it safe for those allergic to bees (NakedCherry’s lavender and amber hot wax contains beeswax – a great ingredient if you’re not allergic to it). There are no added scents, making the vegan wax ideal for those with extremely sensitive skin, in addition to those who’ve made a conscious decision to not consume animal products.
NakedCherry’s vegan wax is a butter-yellow color, and is also available in Wax Me Lovely Home Kits, should you prefer doing things yourself – it’s much kinder to your skin than store-bought options. The kits come with a how-to manual, wooden spatulas, and prep oil and gel cleaner to prepare and soothe the skin before and after the wax.
The NakedCherry Promise
Our Hygiene Obsession
We follow strict guidelines set out by the British Association of Beauty Therapy and Cosmetology on Waxing, take a look below at a few things we do.
No double dipping. Double dipping is when a therapist uses the same spatula for a hot wax treatment, that means that any skin infection or dirt could possibly be transferred back to the hot wax pot. Now imagine how many people have been waxed before you using the same wax pot. It’s dangerous and unsanitary.
At NakedCherry we never double dip, each side of the wooden spatula is used once and then thrown away.
Gloves. Our therapists always wear gloves, and these gloves are changed for every treatment. During waxing your skin is very susceptible to infection, and any bacteria on the therapists hands will easily make it to your skin if no gloves are worn.
Bed covers. Dirt, bacteria and other nasties can easily transfer to a towel. At NakedCherry we place a fresh paper towel over the entire bed before every treatment.
NakedCherry wants your visit to be memorable for all the right reasons. Here are some dos and don’ts they recommend:
- Have at least two weeks of hair growth, the wax needs something to grip on.
- Take a shower and gently exfoliate your skin to help keep your pores open and make the wax easier.
- Avoid caffeine – it tends to make you sensitive.
- Please let us know if you are using Retin-A, Renova, Accutane, or any other skin care product containing AHA’s, or if you’ve had a peel or invasive facial treatment lately.
- Relax, trust us it helps.
- Be embarrassed – we’ve seen it all and we see it every day.
- For the ladies, don’t schedule your appointment during your period – your body is more sensitive during this time.
- No tanning, 24 hours before (or after) the wax.
- Get your NakedCherry Wax Skincare products to suit your life – they are designed to protect your skin.
- Avoid hot tubs, pools, saunas, and heavy exercise for 24 hours. While your pores are open, they are more vulnerable to irritation.