“The world’s most advanced wireless headphones.”
Closing your eyes while listening to music through these headphones, you could easily believe that you are actually in the studio with the artist.
Good things you need to know about these wireless headphones:
- Light-weight with sleek alloy head rails.
- No buttons! Sliding your finger vertically on the ultra-intuitive touch panel located on the right ear cup adjusts the volume, and moving your finger horizontally plays the next track or returns to the previous one. Tap the Zik to toggle play/pause, or simply take them off – the unique head detection sensor will pause your music when you remove the headphones.
- Free iOS app that allow you to configure your experience. The “Parrot Concert Hall” effect will give you goose bumps (provided you’re listening to seriously good music)!
- Bye-bye other people’s noise. To insulate you from external noise, Parrot has developed an ultra-high performance active noise cancellation system which eliminates up to 98% of ambient noise.
- Order online and receive free shipping.
Interesting points to know:
- Use the jack cable to listen even with a dead battery – it removes the wireless element, but at least you don’t have to stop the bliss of extraordinary music quality.
The not so great points:
- Battery life: With all features activated: 6 hours; With ANC only: 18 hours; On standby mode: 24 hours
- I can’t comment on how the Parrot Zik enhances your phone experience, since it seems to be only compatible with Apple devices (I have an iPad Mini, but my phone is Android)
- The price: despite including free shipping, these marvellous headphones will set you back R4 790 (price correct at time of publication).
Huge word of thanks to the guys over at Orange who provided me with the headset for review. I’ll be very sad to hand them back.