I got a sneak peek of The Ginologist Cook – 100 Delicious Recipes with Gin, and I’m thrilled to share this recipe from the Ginlato Collection with you: Floral Gin and Clotted Cream Ice Cream.
100ml Ginologist Floral
2 jumbo eggs
125g caster sugar
400g clotted cream
250ml full-fat milk
250g assortment of good quality summer berries
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Add the sugar gradually and whisk until you’re good and tired, but more importantly, until it all seems smooth and mixed in well.
- Gradually add the clotted cream and milk to the egg mixture and whisk thoroughly.
- Spoon the mixture into a massively large container (two litres should do) and freeze for three hours.
- Remove, add the gin and whisk until smooth. (Resist the temptation to taste… you won’t stop.)
- Return to the freezer for another three hours.
- Repeat this process three times (or more if not smooth enough yet).
- Once smooth enough, mix summer berries into the ice cream. (You can choose how textured you’d like your ice cream. For a nice, smooth treat, blitz them a few times in a blender.)
- Once mixed in thoroughly, return to freezer until frozen. (Same consistency as ice cream, not frozen solid, of course.)
- Invite some friends around and serve up your incredible and distinctive Ginlato!
Copyright 2017 Pieter Carter
Are you going to give it a try? Let me know what you think.