This Elderflower Sour cocktail recipe comes from Martha Stewart.
What better way to celebrate the new year, than by starting early and with a gin cocktail?
¼ cup gin
¼ cup elderflower liqueur (or cordial, if you prefer)
¼ cup lemon-mint simple syrup*
Lemon wedge and mint sprig for garnish
- Pour gin, elderflower liqueur, lemon-mint syrup into an ice-filled glass.
- Top up with soda water and stir to combine.
- Squeeze lemon wedge over the drink, then drop in.
- Serve immediately, garnished with a mint sprig.
*Lemon-mint simple syrup
1 ½ cups water
1 ½ cups sugar
4 sprigs of mint
1 lemon, zested and cut into slices
- In a small saucepan, mix the water, sugar, mint, lemon zest and lemon slices.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Let cool for 30 minutes.
- Strain syrup and refrigerate up to 10 days.