This Grapefruit-White Wine Sparkler cocktail recipe comes from Martha Stewart.
What’s a celebration without some bubbles?
1 cup gin
4 teaspoons sugar
¼ cup fresh grapefruit juice
750ml (1 bottle) dry sparkling white wine
Lemon slices for garnish
- In a punch bowl or large pitcher, combine the gin and sugar, stirring for about a minute until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add grapefruit juice and sparkling wine.
- Stir to combine.
- Serve over ice and garnish with lemon slices.
How to properly open sparkling wine
(to avoid broken glass and emergency room visits)
- Unwrap the foil seal from around the top, then remove the wire that encases the cork, keeping one hand over the cork in case it pops out unexpectedly.
- Hold the bottle at a 45-degree angle, pointed away from you, and slowly twist the bottle, not the cork, with your free hand.
- When the cork begins to lift from the bottle, use your thumb to help it out gently.
- Have flutes ready to catch any sparkling wine that flows out of the bottle.