I love my book club. They may have turned me into a binge drinker (at the first meeting I only drank sparkling grape juice. By the end of the second meeting, I had a glass of wine. Now the only non-alcoholic beverages we have is water to keep our livers alive, and coffee with lots of sugar before we go home), but we read great books (usually), laugh a lot (always), and have the best time ever!
Our October meeting was kicked off with the most delectable cocktail I’ve had since News Cafe‘s Cherry Gimlet – a Turkish Delight cocktail. So I absolutely have to share the recipe – it’s extremely simple and you only need a few ingredients:
- 2 tots Vodka
- Dash sugar syrup (see recipe below)
- Add a cube of good quality Turkish Delight and crushed ice
- Fill up with Sparkling Cranberry & Hibiscus (available from Woolworths)
To make the sugar syrup:
Boil 1 cup of water and 2 cups of sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add a dash of rose water and let cool.
Let me know how you like it – or better still, invite me over to judge your skills! 😉
- The Origins of Turkish Delight (cyprusscene.com)
- Make This Now! Gooseberry Elderflower Turkish Delights – Eat Like a Girl (thekitchn.com)
- Easy cocktail making – Rum punch (johnlewis.com)
- Easy cocktail making – Margarita (johnlewis.com)
- 3 New Cocktail Ingredients You Should Know (drinks.seriouseats.com)
- Easy cocktail making – classic martini (johnlewis.com)
- The Best Cocktail (babyccinokids.com)