On 5 May this year, Reach for a Dream celebrates 35 years of manifesting hope through their annual Slipper Day initiative. During the official launch day, Reach for a Dream CEO Julia Sotirianakos mentioned the organisation realises about six dreams per day.
Through fund-raising efforts like Slipper Day, they raise funds to make the dreams of children facing life-threatening diseases come true. This year, the goal is to raise R10 million to help 2 000 dreams come true.
Buy your R20 sticker
You can purchase your sticker in-store at retail partners, Wimpy, Pick n Pay, Dis-Chem Pharmacies, ToyZone, or Dis-Chem Baby City. Alternatively, you can place a bulk order here and have them delivered.
Visit your nearest Wimpy on 5 May wearing your sticker and slippers, and get a free Famous Coffee.
In addition to their range of slippers (I need those flamingoes), you can now order Sox (I need several pairs) and Manifest Hope pins on the Reach for a Dream website.
Do the Slipper Shuffle
Reach for a Dream launched the Slipper Shuffle, a nationwide dance challenge designed to get you on your feet and into your slippers. The dance comprises a simple, five-step dance sequence best performed in your favourite pair of slippers.
How to do the Slipper Shuffle:
- Wear your slippers and R20 Slipper Day sticker
- Watch the step-by-step tutorial or the full 30-second Slipper Shuffle
- Download the Slipper Day theme song ‘Step Up’
- Film yourself doing the #SlipperShuffle
- Post it on social media and challenge your friends, businesses, or schools to do it too
- Hashtag #ReachForADream, #SlipperDay2023 and #SlipperShuffle
Manifest hope, do the shuffle and make dreams come true – all in your slippers.